lighting for new tank

Wellydave

so as some of you will know im upgrading my nano tank in the near future and currently have a key k3 nano led fixture over it now the plan was for the new tank which will be 800x600x500 to use the k3 and buy another k4 nano unit and run them both over the tank but after looking around at led fixtures i am really keen on a aqua illumination vega but the problem is if i was to go for the vega i would sell my k3 and probably only be able to afford one vega would that be enough light for a tank that size which will be stocked with mainly sps or am i better off buying the k4 and using that + the k3?

i do like the k3 ive had over the nano its been great and at the price of them its hard to argue but i just like all the silly functions you get with the vega (cloud cover, lightning, moon phases) and also the fact you can dim each colour group individually im just not sure that one vega will cover the tank and im not sure i can fork out for two

You can dim each of the 3 channels on the k4 units. The point in the cloud over is just for looks and doesn't help your corals at all so what is the point. I always thought the lightning function would looks cool if synced with the wave makers like ecotech does with their products. And create swell movement etc.

yeah i understand that it is just for looks but i like the idea of it haha and also would love to have the luna mode as this tank is going to be in the bed room so i will watch it every night. i think ive decided ill get 1 aqua illumination hydra and controller and sell the k3 unit the hydra is ment to cover a 36'x36' area fairly well so will see how it go's