too many light hours?

aer0

So I have this nano tank that im working on putting together at the moment for a little SPS display...

At the moment the tank is in the process of bedding in/cycle, I bought live rock from my LFS for it so its "mid" cycle at the moment ive also added a small amount of blood-worms to introduce some more ammonia to the tank when it starts to break down.

My question is, at the moment I want to enhance the cycle, promote growth in the tank... algae, misys etc... If I leave my lighting on 24/7 is this going to be a bad thing?

At the moment there is no coral in there so no coral bleach will happen or anything like that.

So I have this nano tank that im working on putting together at the moment for a little SPS display...

At the moment the tank is in the process of bedding in/cycle, I bought live rock from my LFS for it so its "mid" cycle at the moment ive also added a small amount of blood-worms to introduce some more ammonia to the tank when it starts to break down.

My question is, at the moment I want to enhance the cycle, promote growth in the tank... algae, misys etc... If I leave my lighting on 24/7 is this going to be a bad thing?

At the moment there is no coral in there so no coral bleach will happen or anything like that.

Well...Leaving my lights on for 24/7 appeared to be the beginning point of my happy, healthy marine tank turning into a bleached, wasteland deathtrap... Changed the timer because the time was wrong then went on vacation for 3 weeks. When I came back half the corals were bleached or dead, the other half were retracted, several fish were dead. I never was able to get any fish or coral to grow well after that and most died within a few weeks of being put in.

So...Anecdotally, I'd say don't leave the lights on 24/7

I think the only thing that benefits from 24/7 Light are those algae growing mats. I think even Macroalgae benefits from a rest period. Some do 24/7 with macros, some do the reverse photo period of the display

Reverse to display can help with ph swings