co2

binu

Hi Binu

It might be better to put this under 'technical' but I believe cylinders have to be tested and certified as to their safety before they can be filled.

As far as regulators go you get what you pay for as far as reliability so if you buy cheap it may not last. You will also need to decide if you want a solenoid within the regulator, as an add on or you have the option of not having one at all. :D

I get my regulators of fish-street but ebay is the same sort of thing too. You want one with a solenoid if you're even half serious about a high tech set up. And as Adrienne and Alan said, get that cylinder certed and tested, you're playing with pressurised gas here.

I got my regulators off Ebay and Fishstreet, the same exact model and brand. One has lasted 2 years and the other is only 4 months old and the solenoid just died. Good thing I carefully check my tanks before bed or I never would have noticed that the gas was still on well after the lights had gone out.

I don't want to pay $100+ to get a new solenoid when the regulator + solenoid cost only $60. It's only a matter of time before I get fed up at the twice daily alarm reminding me to turn the gas on and off each day. The decision will be to take another chance on a cheap brand and hope that the solenoid lasts more than 4 months, or get a much more expensive variety that has a good reputation for reliability. A $60 gamble or a $200 sure thing. Hmmmm

My first setup was a non asian one with a solenoid that was busted that I was given. I replaced the solenoid before finding that I could buy a complete setup including solenoid for a lot less off Ebay. Can you buy seperate solenoids from those manufacturers? Might be the way to go. I think you realy need a timer (from Bunnings) and a solenoid.

I got my regulators off Ebay and Fishstreet, the same exact model and brand. One has lasted 2 years and the other is only 4 months old and the solenoid just died. Good thing I carefully check my tanks before bed or I never would have noticed that the gas was still on well after the lights had gone out.

I don't want to pay $100+ to get a new solenoid when the regulator + solenoid cost only $60. It's only a matter of time before I get fed up at the twice daily alarm reminding me to turn the gas on and off each day. The decision will be to take another chance on a cheap brand and hope that the solenoid lasts more than 4 months, or get a much more expensive variety that has a good reputation for reliability. A $60 gamble or a $200 sure thing. Hmmmm

I noticed Word of Water in Hamilton had a Sera solenoid still available when I was there the other day. It think their 70% off closing down sale is still running - might be worth giving them a call? They had a Sera Co2 monitor/controller, too. Very tempting...

no luck shop is closed :(

could any one tell me were i can take the cylinder to test it ... i av no experience with co2 cylinder thats why this dum question :P

also any one here have experience with valrays (trademe ) solenoid and regulator ..

I noticed Word of Water in Hamilton had a Sera solenoid still available when I was there the other day. It think their 70% off closing down sale is still running - might be worth giving them a call? They had a Sera Co2 monitor/controller, too. Very tempting...

:hail::hail::hail:

A new Sera CO2 controller is on it's way to me at less than a third of the retail price! Thanks soooo much for the heads up! :happy1:

Gas pro in 129 newton street mt maunganui converted/ tested my old fire extinguisher and filled it for about $130. Also cheapest place to get soda stream refills $6.

Valray regulator and solenoid have been using for 18 months and is excellent no problems with it. Also got all tubing, non return and bubble counter from him