Multibox for cabinet

Vinnie

I've all ways disliked the mess of cables from lose multibox's on the ground under the cabinet. Thought I would share what I decided to build for the saltwater setup I'm doing.

this is only a temp design untill I have the money to remake it better with a few nice little add on's

DSCF3182_zps62d451e9.jpg

DSCF3185_zpsb8db6062.jpg

DSCF3190_zps49f6a4a7.jpg

DSCF3191_zps1a930d53.jpg

DSCF3198_zpsd8eedf92.jpg

DSCF3200_zps8f82a0d7.jpg

The top row and the left 2 on the bottom are on one circuit, and the middle row and 2 on the right bottom on a second circuit.

The wall outlets they plug into will be on different circuits soon, this is so if one circuit in the house goes, there will be at least one heater on the tank running.

Cool idea. How are you going to get the two wall outlets onto different circuits? Are you, or do you know a sparky? Looks good though.

I know a few sparkys, I can do the cabling myself, just not qualified to work on the mains board

Looking cool box man!

For a $5 per double switch..u would spent over $50 already for that setup.

Anyway 2x 4mm tps input would cover for all those switches..

I would imagine in salt water setup the main thing that would munch on power would be the chiller or heater?

All the double outlets are second hand, all in good con and paid $5 for the lot.

About $16 for the cable and leads. About $10 in the wood used. The 4 single outlets are the only thing I had to buy new at trade.

If the problem is loose power strips laying on the ground, this looks like a lot more work than just putting in a couple screws and fastening the strips to the stand. All of mine are screwed to the stand, though bluetack sometimes works well too.

If the problem is loose power strips laying on the ground, this looks like a lot more work than just putting in a couple screws and fastening the strips to the stand. All of mine are screwed to the stand, though bluetack sometimes works well too.

Half of this was for the fun of it. I've got a few things I want to try so this will help when I start building a few different controllers if I go with some ideas I have

An update, had my mate double check and cert the multibox. Made a few planned changes.

multiboxupdate_zps10a7c19f.jpg

Put the needed safety features on the box.

multibfitted_zps70b7ed51.jpg

And fitted.

Tomorrows job is to make longer leads for the wave maker pumps... 2 on the far end don't quite reach the controller