Fish Compatibility?

GuppyHunter

So i bought another tank the other day and am now currently contemplating on what fish to keep in it. (and yes it has been cycled)

Current tenants:

- 2x Hoplo cats

- 2x Panda cats

- 1x Zebra Loach (hes fine by himself ^^)

- 1x gba

- 1x Butterfly sucker

Theres a million fish i would like but compatibility is always an issue. Suggestions on a couple jack dempseys or blue rams or even both?? any other suggestions are welcome too :) really not too keen or cichlids but jack dempseys would be more than a welcome exemption. Thanks! :)

i dunno if i'd house rams with jd's. it might work, but if it doesn't will be a costly mistake.

i should mention that your tank is really on the small side for what you want to stock, dempseys grow fast, and those hoplos will get big too. the less room, the more chance of aggression in the tank.

I diddnt follow the guide lines... Just came home with a little jack dempsey & a black shark... 0.0 Think ill probably need a bigger tank in 6 months or so but looking atm :)

Haha, I loved my black shark. But he made it hard when he killed my severum, my geophaguses, my polypterus...Basically everything except my redspot, goldspot and bristlenoses.

Then he started doing the same to the people that wanted him.

Last I heard he was harassing some pacus, I think?

Haha oh god, hope hes not like your old one :o. I won a big 30cm one on trademe 6 months ago but when i emailed to make pickup arrangements they gave me the whole "it died over night" speech. Hes doing good in there so far, just trying to understand territories, he'l be first to go before the jack if there is any aggression tho :).

Haha oh god, hope hes not like your old one :o. I won a big 30cm one on trademe 6 months ago but when i emailed to make pickup arrangements they gave me the whole "it died over night" speech. Hes doing good in there so far, just trying to understand territories, he'l be first to go before the jack if there is any aggression tho :).

They do have very small territories. Just the little area between the left and right sides of the tank.

Ok so all the fish seem to be getting along so far apart from the jack and the pandas... the jack keeps trying to take nips out of the pandas. Should i leave them in there and hope they eventually get along or get rid of the pandas before they get eaten?