My 2000L tank build

David R

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems cheap! I'm still going to wait for the other models to come out, we're saving for a holiday in March plus I think it's good to let others work out the bugs with a new product.

Given that it plugs in-line with the DC plugs, I'm guessing I'll need two of them plus a couple of these; http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-suppli ... itter.html

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update, nothing much new to report but the set up passed another "test" over xmas; being left unattended for two weeks with no water changes and a friend feeding the fish twice a week. The day before we left I cleaned out the first two sheets of Poret foam and changed ~20% of the water, parameters were:

pH: 6.6

TDS: 38

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrate: 5ppm

Got home late yesterday and fed them heavily, tested before the water change today and:

pH: 6.8

TDS: 63ppm

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrate: 10ppm

Better than expected! I think the pothos do a great job of keeping the nitrates down with the light feeding, and I have no hesitation leaving the set up for four weeks when we head to the US later this year, though I will get the friend looking after them to do a small water change after two weeks. The Poret hadn't clogged, I think it could have probably gone another week with the reduced feeding, perhaps slightly longer, but I decided to clean it today as I'll be feeding them well this week to make up for the past two weeks. Which is slightly ironic as I'll be feeding myself far less to make up for the past two weeks of too much good food and beer!!

:lol:

• 2 months later...