Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My 2000L tank build

Featured Replies

  • Replies 259
  • Views 38.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Seems cheap! I'm still going to wait for the other models to come out, we're saving for a holiday in March plus I think it's good to let others work out the bugs with a new product.

Given that it plugs in-line with the DC plugs, I'm guessing I'll need two of them plus a couple of these; http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-suppli ... itter.html

Putting leaf litter on the bottom of that tank would look cool, make it a real blackwater setup.

I completely agree. It's a a lot of work though, the Geos keep burying them in the sand and unless you keep unburying them they just lie under there and rot.

  • Author

Got it in one, I can barely reach the back of the tank with my long rake thingy, I don't think I'd have a chance to keep the leaf litter "tidy"...

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Just a quick update, nothing much new to report but the set up passed another "test" over xmas; being left unattended for two weeks with no water changes and a friend feeding the fish twice a week. The day before we left I cleaned out the first two sheets of Poret foam and changed ~20% of the water, parameters were:

pH: 6.6

TDS: 38

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrate: 5ppm

Got home late yesterday and fed them heavily, tested before the water change today and:

pH: 6.8

TDS: 63ppm

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrate: 10ppm

Better than expected! I think the pothos do a great job of keeping the nitrates down with the light feeding, and I have no hesitation leaving the set up for four weeks when we head to the US later this year, though I will get the friend looking after them to do a small water change after two weeks. The Poret hadn't clogged, I think it could have probably gone another week with the reduced feeding, perhaps slightly longer, but I decided to clean it today as I'll be feeding them well this week to make up for the past two weeks. Which is slightly ironic as I'll be feeding myself far less to make up for the past two weeks of too much good food and beer!!

:lol:

holiday plumpness.. i feel like a stuffed turkey. here's to beer guts :thup:

minor change, but how come your PH crept up a bit? i can only get mine to creep down, similar setup but a fifth the size.

  • Author

I recently added a bit more beach sand/crushed shell to the substrate as it was starting to go the other way. It's such a tiny fluctuation it could well just be within the margin of error of my interpretation of the colour on the chart...

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

No new pics, everything just ticking over nicely. I've just been away to the US for four weeks and everything went well with minimal feeding and maintanence. I'll try to do a proper update soon.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.