Tribute to the convict cichlid - original thread

disgustipated

yeah they are one of the few fish that can handle living with an oscar haha.

didn't see you were in wellington. i was sorta joking anyway bro. it won't be too hard to find a nice male when i decide to breed her. she is currently in a tank with two small texas cichlids, she has fun chasing them around, but i think there is a chance they she will try breed with the texas. would be interesting to see.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah all good man, hope you find her a suitable mate.

The female I had has gone to someone else to look after for a while... ive only got 8 fry left from that first batch they had.

Im interested to know peoples thoughts on Fred, his colouring and marking does he seem to be of good bloodline or not really?

Here he is:

img4179g.jpg

img4177b.jpg

img4175p.jpg

not the best photos ever but better than the last one, yes the tank is bare, i still cant find the substrate i want to use and a good source of natural rock to use for hardscaping

Also his tankmate, my first oscar

img4172u.jpg

• 1 month later...
lol a customer told one of the girls at Carine that the brightly coloured patches on the female convict were from the babies eating her and that was the flesh underneath the scales :rolfl:

I get stuff like that from know-it-all customers all the time :facepalm: There's no arguing with people like that haha

i kept both but then when they started breeding they took up way too much space, so i got rid of them all apart from 1 pink and 1 black.

the black 1 grew faster and ruled the tank but has been overtaken and took a recent beating and demotion so i wont put his photo up yet

Im looking for some convict advice.

My daddy fish Fred is currently in a 100l by himself because he keeps picking on everyhing else, is there anything anyone can suggest that will help calm him down if i put him back in my big tank? i dont want to have him pick on any of my nice calm fish

• 1 month later...