4ft high tech journal

SamH

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here's how things are at the 4 week mark. The new tank algae is in full swing although I did siphon most of it out moments before these photos. The overall health of the grass is satisfactory and I'm confident that things will settle in around a month.

IMG_2656b_zps2b510be0.jpg

As you can see, there is plenty of new growth coming through despite the choking brown algae.

IMG_2659b_zpsdef08564.jpg

The top layer is called "Sea Green Grit" from Stone and Water World, nothing special just an inert top layer with a good consistency for plants. The bottom layer is aquabasis and the hairgrass seems to be loving it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the 7 week update. The photo quality is poor due to algae mostly, the brown algae has gone but has been replaced by this grey stringy variety. Will be nuking it with PP if it doesn't go within a fortnight. As you can see I added the 20 longfin WCMM from my other iwagumi and have ordered another 50 of them.

IMG_4244b_zps5f0279db.jpg

Last week I purchased 50 longfin WCMM to go with the 20 I have in there at the moment. On Monday afternoon they were dropped at the courier, arrived in Auckland on Tuesday morning and picked up for delivery to me just before 1pm. By 4pm the fish still weren't here so I got worried and called the courier company, the said wait till 5pm. So I waited till 5pm and called back, they talked to the driver and said he'd be there by 6pm. No driver at 6pm, called back and got put onto the after hours team. I had work at 7pm so had to go to that leaving Mum in charge, no worries the fish STILL didn't arrive. I called ASAP the next day and they said they'd be here by 3pm as he didn't have time yesterday. 3pm comes around and you guessed it! Still no fish. I called AGAIN and they said if they weren't here by 4pm then the driver would have to pay for a sprint courier to do the job. Just before 4pm the driver arrived and I hastily cut open the box clearly marked LIVE FISH and checked the poor things. Their bag water was putrid but amazingly no deaths. His excuse was that he only picked up the package today when it clearly shows he scanned it yesterday.

Anyways! The fish are all alive and well, a few on the skinny side but that's to be expected with any large group. That brings my total up to a little over 70 fish and the school looks fantastic. So here's a photo and short video of the group, enjoy! 8)

IMG_4420b_zps6f102338.jpg

Tank looks awesome Sam

I had the same problem occur in february with an order of marine fish I had ordered for work they were sent on tuesday and they turned up in the wrong shop on the otherside of town on FRIDAY was absolute crap. But very surprisingly I only lost 2 fish out of them all