Moving tanks

karina

Hey :wave:

What is everyone's experience here moving large tanks?

I have two 4 foot tanks that I hope to be able to move without removing the stones. Reason being is that they are planted tanks and I don't want to mix up the aquatic mix underneath nor do I want to replace it yet.

Is leaving the stones in going to put a strain on the tanks strength?

Cheers :)

Karina

Hey :wave:

What is everyone's experience here moving large tanks?

I have two 4 foot tanks that I hope to be able to move without removing the stones. Reason being is that they are planted tanks and I don't want to mix up the aquatic mix underneath nor do I want to replace it yet.

Is leaving the stones in going to put a strain on the tanks strength?

Cheers :)

Karina

How far are you planning on moving them and how thick of substrate? It will certainly add a lot of extra weight. To another room you might be able to get away with moving the whole stand together if you've got 4 people. To another house...Just completely tear it down.

I have been wondering about this myself as I have two 4fts to move from one room to another. Sounds like so long as you have the right amount of muscle to help, you could move them around the house with the substrate in. I would certainly not move a tank to a different house with anything in it, but moving makes me paranoid anyway lol

Thanks for the comments guys.

I'll be moving house when mine sells.

What a bugger as my plants were really cranking. Also will prob have to chuck and replace the stones, as I imagine cleaning out the aquatic mix would be messy?

I don't like moving either. As it is I am probably having to sell my 3rd tank a 4 foot frontosa setup.