Aren't I forgetting something?

Ira

Hmmm, I know I'm forgetting some...AAHHH!!!

*Races out to check on the tank of pearl gouramis and finds it totally drained*

It looks like most of them will be ok. Getting a 100% water change, but gouramis can breathe air.:) They're just a bit scratched up. No dead fish at the moment anyway.

On the topic of dead fish, looks like I'm going to lose one of my green terrors. He was being chased around the tank by the other one, I'm not sure if he's just totally exhausted from being chased or if he's sick and that's why he was being chased. But he's just laying on the gravel, occasionally drifting around.

R.I.P. Green Terror. AKA, Big GT. Born early 2004, died March 2005. 19 CM/7 Inches nose to tip of tail.

On a happier note, the gouramis don't seem to be upset with me for attempted negligent homicide. All of them seem fine except a few scrape marks and ruffled scales.

Heh.. must be the time for it

I came home from town this morning to find blinky the pleco (about 25cm) sitting on the carpet. I was sure he would be dead.. carpet was dry, pleco was dry, picked him up and put him back in the tank just in case.. as soon as he hit the water he swam off happily as if nothing had happened...

Talk about the pleco that just won't die - I'm stunned, he must have jumped hard enough to lift the acrylic lid off the tank and all... sightseeing taken to a new level :)

thats pretty impressive misnoma! plecos have been known to survive nearly an hour out of water. lucky you dont have a cat though!

sorry for your loss Ira. but you must be sooooooooooo pleased that the gouramis are ok! :lol:

plecs