Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Suggestions for a Protein Skimmer

Featured Replies

Hello everyone.

I am setting up a new Marine system, and am wanting peoples suggestions on Protein Skimmers.

It has been a while since I have bought one, and thought that others out there might have a bit more of an idea as to whats the best these days.

I have a gap, from the bottom of the sump to the roof of the cabinet of 600mm for the skimmer to sit in.

The tank will be holding between 130-150 liters, dependent on how high I run the sump.

I would like a unit that has a capacity of a little more. I have read that you can easily double up on capacity, so in this case, I should be looking for around 300 liters capacity.

So what are the good brands?

plenty of choices for a skimmer there will have to watch the height for getting the collection cup off . perhaps one of these reasonably priced and getting good reviews http://deepblueaquarium.co.nz//product_ ... 28cn1apt67 if youve got more money to burn go with a deltec even second hand , i would tend to avoid brands like aqua one and dymax and cheap weipro/boyu skimmers they are cheap for a reason

After tooing and frowing on this I got a Bubble Magnus curve 7 for my system, seems to work well, very quiet.

As soon as I turned it on it just heaved out shumits,apparently it shouldnt needs a week or two to slime up but it was an indication of how much it was needed .

I know its not "the best" brand but its working well,I emptyed the cup after a week and for the first time I dry reached on the smell :sick: And I got a strong stomach.

Instructions are a good laugh too Chinglish at its finest :slfg:

Brought it from Ben at deepblue had a wait, but came when he said it would.

RUNAS

i have the BM nac 6 its running well have swapped the pump for pinwheel one, ive noticed the newer curve ones use pinwheel ones too better than the meshwheel impellors they only last 6 months

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.