"new lands" Tom Gilberg [berried shrimp update pg. 12]

TomGilberg

!drool: !drool:

how come the flow shouldnt be to high?

I think it's just because the smaller the tank the more of a whirlpool it can become. If you can direct the outlet onto a wall it would reduce the current somewhat. A gentle swaying of the leaves is what is required I believe.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how come the flow shouldnt be to high?

ive been told that its necesary for a planted tank, less algae etc

The flow should be high, CO2 distribution and general water movement is a must. I don't think Joe is saying it shouldn't be high though.

12 days after planting and things are really taking off, ill never be able to go back to no pressurised co2.

Yeah it's addictive isn't it? :P Good to see you've still got that number 8 wire attitude plumbing your diffuser and a powerhead :P

The flow should be high, CO2 distribution and general water movement is a must. I don't think Joe is saying it shouldn't be high though.

Yeah it's addictive isn't it? :P Good to see you've still got that number 8 wire attitude plumbing your diffuser and a powerhead :P

hey well its not but insane.gif it is high

super addictive hehe

the number 8 wire still tuns strong in my veins :D

Wow that looks amazing! !drool:

Yeah what I meant is that you don't want to blast the crap out of everything :slfg: Do have enough flow so there are no dead spots, but the flow shouldn't be so high that you are worried about the fish having problems with the current.

Thanks guys, ok yea well it Not gonna make it to Hard for the Fish i think.

awesome... but where are the fish??

Well Atm im cranking the CO2 to High for it be safe for fish, this is for plante to get the best Start and Out compete algae, ill be getting fish in a week Or so i imagen.

That's not TOO much cheaper than here, I thought you would have gone for something we can't get in NZL :P

(hint, hint shrimp)

i wanted otocinclus cocama but couldnt find any, im on the waiting list if some get imported

wasnt aware epyplatus were availible in new zealand

1/4 of the price that I buy mine for is a heck of a lot cheaper in my books Sam.

yea way cheaper than nelson haha

Just keep doing what your doing buddy, with maybe a full tank shot once a week to get an overall idea of the growth?

okey doke :D

we'll call it FTS friday

coming at you with a fts from an undisclosed location somewhere in germany every friday.

ok FTS friday update #1

algae report:

diatoms is the only algae i have noticed.

i am combating this with a crew of otocinclus affinis, they are doing a great job, unfortunately they dont take it off the HCs lower leaves as visible in the photo.

im also doing a 50% water change every 2nd day.

MISC info:

also to be seen in the forground are zipties, these have been utilized to keep the carpet down. Stop floating, let roots establish.

i was worried about the epyplatus annulatus and the current. my fears have been disregaurded as unneccesary as they are fine. infact super active in all water columns.

Death toll report:

unfortunately the brother hood of the 5 Oto's has been cut down to 4.

i have been told that some otos die relatively quickly after being introduced. this must be the case as all other fish are still kicking.

so now for the FTS

IMG_9293_zps7fad3ad7.jpg

FTS Friday is Saturday for us :P

That roughly cut branch near the top is distracting but hopefully the moss covers it. Otherwise, looking good :thup:

not if i do it before 12pm german time haha

yea i was thinking that i want all the peices of wood to be covered in moss to the very tip.

itd look better, i think.