"new lands" Tom Gilberg [berried shrimp update pg. 12]

TomGilberg

hey guys so im updating my status from abroad

Today i purchased a 30L nano aquarium from aquael

i decided that the stock filter would not cut it so i upgraded to an aquaclear 30, these are rate for aquariums up to 114 so i think filtration is good enough.

for lighting i have two 11watt bulbs, hopefully these will be sufficiant to grow some high light plants.

the heater that came with the tank was well crap, it doesnt even let you regulate temperature and has a set temp so i will need i new one of those to :facepalm:

substrate i bought an 8kg bag of fluval stratum, i used about 5-6 kg

the hard scape is bog wood and dragon stone.

these pictures are as it it now

IMG_8638_zps29d5f725.jpg

IMG_8637_zps8e819a8d.jpg

IMG_8636_zpsf03cc126.jpg

the plant wish list is

Hemianthus callitrichoides Cuba

stouregyne repens

anubias petite

fissidens

narrow leafed microsorium

hygrophila pinnitafida

hydrocotyle "japan"

crypt cordata

blyxa japonica

hopefully i get all that :happy2:

hope you stay tuned!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the wood and the rocks together - but I think there's just a bit too much going on there.

Perhaps try another layout more simplified ? use less of the wood... see how it turns out.

But of the pics you posted so far, the latest incarnation is my favourite.

:D

I like the wood and the rocks together - but I think there's just a bit too much going on there.

Perhaps try another layout more simplified ? use less of the wood... see how it turns out.

But of the pics you posted so far, the latest incarnation is my favourite.

:D

thanks

but the busy look is sorta what im goin for, like a jungle scene

Looking awesome Tom! I absolutely love the scape so far, excellent work! :thup: The wood will look awesome with some Taxiphyllum barbieri and Fissidens fontanus on it. Also you should definitely get some Crystal Red Shrimp for the tank !drool:

Some ideas for stocking - Boraras sp., Sundadanio axelrodi, Microrasbora sp., Axelrodia riesei.

Looking awesome Tom! I absolutely love the scape so far, excellent work! :thup: The wood will look awesome with some Taxiphyllum barbieri and Fissidens fontanus on it. Also you should definitely get some Crystal Red Shrimp for the tank !drool:

Some ideas for stocking - Boraras sp., Sundadanio axelrodi, Microrasbora sp., Axelrodia riesei.

Thanks joe! i always appreciate your comments :D

yes shrimp and Sundadanio axelrodi are on the shopping list already ;)

update time

i received my CO2 system from US AQUARISTIK today. yay

im gonna do a review on this, it'll only be a review on the product not its perfomance as well i havent seen it perform yet :P

so the packaging, its was very well packaged, full of cardboard,nothing could bounce around and break.

upon opening the box i found instruction manuals and my receipt.

further unpacking reveled that everything was intact.

the setup included

2kg cylinder

redgulator

needle valve

solenoid

diffuser from NUTRAFIN (i didnt use this as i had my own)

permanent CO2 set kit from JBL

2 meters of CO2 tubing

a wrench

IMG_8655_zpsdec18ff9.jpg

the instructions included detailed explanation of what CO2 in an aquarium is and why its so important, an index of all the parts recieved and their use and a step by step guide to setting up the CO2 system.

these instructions were very clear (although they were in german, im unsure if the do enlgish) and easy to follow.

within about 20 minutes of picking up the manual i had a fully functioning CO2 system running. this was pretty cool as i have never set one up before.

IMG_8658_zps54a2f28c.jpg

IMG_8659_zps4dae7026.jpg

im going to have to dial it in, having never done this before it may take some figuring out, luckily theres no live stock :P

so for never having owned a CO2 system this made a very good impression, it was simple and straight forward to setup, to me it didnt seem like anything was very cheap or breakable.

so the rate

packaging 1

condition upon arrival 1

instructions 1

quality 1

working condition 1

so 5/5 so far

when i can judge the performance accurately ill do another review.

this is the website for US AQUARISTIK www.us-aquaristikshop.com

i definitely recommend this for beginners (so far).

plants are next on the list ill keep you guys up dated once i finally get an order in.