Fishroom plan and ideas

Vinnie

Long time since I've had time for any major and long term projects as we have moved a few times over the last few years, but now since we have our own place, time to build the fishroom.

I have a foot print of about 4100 x 2500mm.

I'll put updates here as I go, but this project will take awhile as I have a few other things on the go as well. (just finishing the first part of re-enforcing the floor in the house for a few big tanks we have).

Back to the main point:

I have in mind everything I want for the room, setup etc. But want to ask all those who have or had fishrooms what the wish they did during the build, or later on thought this could have been done this way for this reason.

Just trying to get it right first time as this will be built inside of the garage and will be hard to change or fix once tanks are in.

Ideas I'm running with at the mo is:

solar heating, Drain system for water changes, water tap, auto fan for when it gets to hot with backup system, air off a single compressor pump with back up, and few little ideas that if they work - I'll share them :D

Look forward to all the advise given

I built a fish house of similar size many moons ago. The main thing is to insulate the hell out of it. I was heating about 60 tanks with a one bar heater which hardly ever came on and a fan that went 24/7. If I was doing it again I would install an automatic water change system but each tank in isolation to avoid the spread of diseases.

• 6 months later...
Any updates on your room?

Sadly not as I haven't really got a lot done. After we lost everything in our main tank months ago we took a break and only been working on our SW tank over the last few months.

I'll probably start back on it towards the end of the year (Oct?)

Thanks for asking though. I've been trying to get motivated to get back into wanting a breeding setup