Viv Build advice

razmuff

I'm putting a viv together for a Beardie but need some advice on the electrical components....

Made from ply and is 1200x600x600

Basking light - will 100w be sufficient or do I need 150w?

UV - 90cm or 105cm tube? or could I go smaller?

Night time heating - I'm thinking of a ceramic heater attached to a thermostat but what are any thoughts on heating rocks, pads or another option?

It feels like I've read and re read almost everything I can find and I'm still not sure about the above or maybe i have just confused myself.

Mine is 1600 x 600 x 600mm and out of ply. I use a 100 watt ceramic heater and thermostat at one end and set at 30 deg C, a good quality uv tube and auto timer.try to get UV and heat in the same location so thet get UV when basking in the heat. Best to have driftwood or similar to get them within 300mm of the UV without getting burned on the heater.

I had heard that Heat rocks etc weren't ideal so will go with ceramic for night. I might even get through the summer as the room does stay warm.

As for UV what length tube should I go with? am I better to cover as much of the Viv as I can or as is mentioned on numerous sites and forums just over the basking area?

about paint will any water based paint do? I'm trying to find one with the lowest VOC rating I can.. Any experiences with paint?

considering the diffeence between a 90cm and a 120cm being 6 watts (reptileone brand)

if you ran that 24 hours a day, with the same trustpower pricing plan I am using (and not counting offpeak rates)

i would cost you $1.08 more per month....

i.e. even MY missus wouldn't argue