Tanked

nznatives

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of the negatives are true

How would you come to that conclusion?

Most people making the negative comments would not have a clue and likely killed many fish themselves.

Tanked is made for TV viewing otherwise the general public would not watch it, so Most of the tank set ups are planned months in advance and you don't see really how long it actual has taken to set these tanks up .

Some of these tanks have massive water volume with little fish so cycling these tanks will not be an issue.

In general taking fish from the reefs could be seen as not the right thing to do as many fish are killed, but we still have fish tanks.

i would say most of the tanks would have someone doing the maintenance as they are not budget tanks where cash is not a problem.

they are both quite fun shows to watch. there are some real characters in the fish keeping world.

the crew from tanked have superb on screen presence. a lot of it is scripted but i still lol'd. i think .. actually i know that people who are not into fishkeeping would enjoy watching this show.

fish tank kings is almost identical in concept. just with a different chemistry among the characters. seems to be more serious, more drama, more subtle comedy. i like how they are always rolling their eyes at the fish geek :roll:

best thing about these two shows is that they help promote the hobby."any publicity..."

episode 5 of fish tank kings mentioned there after instal maintance program as well. all I hear is we will build and sell you this and because you can't maintain is correctly for what ever reason we will charge you more to do so . $$$$$ to much drama in both, not enough technicaly stuff or looking at fish/reefs/ geograpical background etc

They go overboard with their filtration etc on these tanks and they all hate using living plants / corals because it adds to the maintenance. One ep of Fish Tank Kings, the boss is trying to tell Francis (fish geek) to steer the client away from live corals in his tank and just go for the inserts.

They also often refer to customers as long time customers, meaning they probably gave them a tank a while back and regularly go in to maintain it for them. Can't imagine too many customers ordering super expensive custom built tanks on a regular basis.

One ep of Fish Tank Kings, the boss is trying to tell Francis (fish geek) to steer the client away from live corals in his tank and just go for the inserts.

Episode 5, first time they have done any fresh water tanks and they went with Malawis :happy2:

They go overboard with their filtration

:dunno: you can go over board on filtration?