new user

swanie974

:cofn:

Hi guys,

Just thought i'd introduce myself.

I've had a half barrel of wine as a pond with four goldfish in it for 4 years. they have been doing great. But ive now started to add some plants with them. So hopefully they will be happier :happy2:

I also just intalled a 750Liters pond with 6 shubunkins ( biggest one is 15 cm) and 3 goldfish ( 9 cm). there are heaps of young plants , i cant wait until they get bigger . is that too many fish for the size of the tank?

I dont have a filter/ fountain... for both, i just put the hose in the ponds every 10 days for a few minutes. the fish are happy and getting big.

Ill take some photos of the 2 ponds tonight. Just bare in mind they are both new :)

cheers guys.

yesterday i gave my parents the 2 shubunkins that were very big. They have a pig pond at their house.

I also went to grab some oxygen weed from springcreek ( blenheim) to add to my ponds.

The wine barrel was really old and the fish have been in there for a few years. they didnt get drunk, or maybe they did and its why they are so brightly coloured :sml1:

My next project is getting another wine barrel cut longways to make an axolotl tank. Maybe next year when we have old barrels again :D