BUILD A TANK OR GET ONE BUILD??

dattofish

hey ppl need to upgrade my tank.. im going to make it 2.1mtr by 600 wide by 600high.

now i dont know wether to pay for a tank to be built or go to the glass place an get the sheets an do it myself? so how hard is it to build a tank? iv never done it before but iv helpd my m8 replace the bootom of his turtle tank which was 1500 long by 500 wide. ...know thats a bit diffrent but thats all the experince iv had as far as that goes. if someone could get back to me asap would be good.

i'd find out how much for the glass and how much to get it mae first, you may find the difference is not too much in which case I'd get it made.

if you are going to build yourself avoid older glass as it does not cut as easily and tends to be more brittle.

personally for a tank that size and being your first time I'd get someone else to make it unless you are seriously confident, have all the equipment already and enough work space to do it slowly.

yea im more swinging to the way of getting it built, was planning on going an getting the glass already in the right sizes for me to put together but yea would need to do alot of research an yea being my 1st time i would just be prayin that it was all sweet... apart from that do you reakon its a decent size tank for a giant red gourami and a fire eel?

You're in Christchurch. Lucky you! Go and see Cam at Petwold. He makes the best tanks for the best prices. I have got all of my tanks made by him. I highly recommend getting tanks from Petworld. The quality is superb and the customer service is excellent.

:hail:

yes its a just a square glass box and its looked easy to do!! but when its come to doing it, you would wish you should have not start on it at all.. :smln:

all trade need proper tool to work with, it just silcone and packer but it too hard to handle the glass.. leave it for the pro i say"