Bearded Dragons Water Consumption?

emaytiti

:( why is this happening to me, I'm looking after them properly, balanced diet, correct lighting/heating.

Really worried now, after what happened a 2 weeks ago.

Kidney damage to too much water intake or clear mucus? From what I have read as long as the mucus wasn't coloured it would be alright. You know how the dragons have like a sticky 'tounge/saliva' could it just be excess of that mixed with water?

They are Ausies so you can lead them to water...... Plenty of fresh moist salad, spray with warm water and bath them if you think are are looking a bit dehydrated. When I spray the babies I put them in a plastic container so the enclosure remains dry. Give them a bath in warm water in the laundry tub.

They are Ausies so you can lead them to water...... Plenty of fresh moist salad, spray with warm water and bath them if you think are are looking a bit dehydrated. When I spray the babies I put them in a plastic container so the enclosure remains dry. Give them a bath in warm water in the laundry tub.

Yeah they get salad, I bath mine in an empty kitty litter tray. Did so this afternoon which prompted me to post this thread about it. I don't recall them doing this about a year ago, the only thing that's changed is that they have a bigger enclosure. At one stage I did have a large water dish for them to drink from/bath in maybe thats what has caused them to drink like they do? :dunno:

They are a bit thick. They do not recognise standing water and will dehydrate to death by a bowl of water. When you give them a bath, as they move so does the water and they will then often drink. I understand they absorb water through the skin and through the vent also. They probably get moisture from dew in the morning in nature.

The two coastals I have did this when they had their first bath after getting home. I stopped them part way through as I hadn't seen it before and they had their head dunked for far too long was worried about them drowning themselves lol. Have seen them drink in the bath a couple times since then but never like that first day when they looked like they were trying to drown themselves.

Does yours puff its body up in the bath? I always wondered if they were trying to fill their body with water instead of air, puffing themselves up.

I hadn't seen it before and they had their head dunked for far too long was worried about them drowning themselves lol. Does yours puff its body up in the bath? I always wondered if they were trying to fill their body with water instead of air, puffing themselves up.

Yeah thats what worried me too. Hmm..they kinda puff up a bit i notice their beards get bigger? :dunno:

Yeah thats what worried me too. Hmm..they kinda puff up a bit i notice their beards get bigger? :dunno:

My male doesn't really puff up anymore but my female keeps sucking in air till their body is massive and balloon like (she's not the most tame in comparison to him).

Reminds me of a puffer fish.