Quick and cheapest way from Akld to Hasting??

Jaxxnz

I planning to do a drop off and pick up in one day from Auckland to Hasting, and returning of course!!air flight is a good option at the moment, and $300 is abit hard hit just to get a fish.. :facepalm:

any sugeestion or another better option?

No airflight!

No hitchhike!

so we assume you can't drive?

:slfg: of cause i can drive, just thinking road safe :sml2: last time i was driving from Akld to Queenstown to ski, and after a week later some mail came throught the post racking up $1500 fine :sml2:

too many hiden speedcam + hiden town cops+ too many straight road :sml2:

In some cases it's cheaper to fly than catch the train

really? i havnt find out what the price to travel on train yet, was thinking of doing many transit ride...

Grab a seat flight wasnt that cheap..i thought they were the best price for nation flight.. :facepalm:

:slfg: of cause i can drive, just thinking road safe :sml2: last time i was driving from Akld to Queenstown to ski, and after a week later some mail came throught the post racking up $1500 fine :sml2:

too many hiden speedcam + hiden town cops+ too many straight road :sml2:

too many weight on accelerator

If you want to go by train it will take the best part of a day to do it, and you'll have to sit on a flat deck between the containers. Catch one from Westfield to palmy, then another from palmy to Napier. Probably not the easiest option if you're transporting big fish!!

Wgton to Auckland is currently $29 night flight from Air NZ. But they won't let you parachute out half way there.

Otherwise, standby from Auckland to Napier is about $55, and then a bus from Napier to Hastings is about $4. You need to walk from the Napier airport to the nearest bus stop in Napier which I think is the 15 bus route ( Ahuriri )

Wgton to Auckland is currently $29 night flight from Air NZ. But they won't let you parachute out half way there.

Otherwise, standby from Auckland to Napier is about $55, and then a bus from Napier to Hastings is about $4. You need to walk from the Napier airport to the nearest bus stop in Napier which I think is the 15 bus route ( Ahuriri )

Akld to Napier $55?? Is tht plane or train? Napier is good enough fo me!!!

Where can I find this rate from Grahamc?

If you want to go by train it will take the best part of a day to do it, and you'll have to sit on a flat deck between the containers. Catch one from Westfield to palmy, then another from palmy to Napier. Probably not the easiest option if you're transporting big fish!!

I believe u David u the train man :bow:

How long will it take frm Akld to palmy?

Palmy shld be couple hrs from Napier right?

I don't mind doing to hard run, just have to be back home on the same day to have dinner tht all...

The $29 flights are at like 10pm

As mentioned above, they're only Auckland Wellington AFAIK.

Apparently AirNZ has a spare airbus they're using, and they're going to run the service at a loss to try and encourage more people to fly. No Koru lounge access ... so really bare operation.

they're going to run the service at a loss to try and encourage more people to fly. No Koru lounge access ... so really bare operation.

Zayne: ohh man...10pm is my bed time :sml1:

Grahamc: yes must run lost for fish people :gigl:

Many thxs for the info, I'll check it out once I get home tonite..

Flying is your only option then, even driving [legally] is around six hours each way.

Me and Gao just finished some beer at my house, he reckon both of us should grab a couple box of Heine and hop on the flat deck train to Palmy.. :slfg:

hey Train Man, are you ure they let passenger on flay deck train??

flat deck train is for carring container frieght or normal train ride?? :gigl:

I remember when you had your black arow dead, you were real desperate to get one back from any where in NZ!!@!

Iam in the same groove, but this is for a nice texas very different to a Arowana it price tag apple vs grape that all...

$300 is for an express flight for a texas..still have to think abit that all//.