Growing plants

leetric0

Hey guys.

I have my 245 litre tank and i have just started planting it. I currently have the stock tubes that are in the ar980t and i am using 5ml of flourish excel every other day and flourish (the normal one lol) once a week.

The plants don't seem to be doing that well and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on improving there growth.

Thanks in advance :)

what kind of plants are you trying to grow????

Im not sure what kind of plants they are sorry. Ill take a picture of them :slfg: Im still a rookie i just go into the LFS and pick a plant lol.

co2 injection either diy or pressurized, better lights and ferts.

What kind type of tubes/lighting and ferts could i use thats better than what i already have?

still easier to rip hood off

half the plants in the LFS are not designed to grow... just last more than a week in a goldfish bowl

google DIY CO2 systems and see what you can make out of a 3ltr juice bottle some yeast and airtubing....

also think about a decent substrate ( or tablets if you can't be bothered ripping it all apart)

lights: red and blue spectrum makes plants grow well.... makes plants look crap though, need a good mix (IME 1 x sunlight to 2x tropical does well)

main problem with A1 tanks is that the lights are in the front, you can add some reflector foil to direct it but AR tanks are not the best for plants ime.

what kind of plants are you trying to grow????

Im not sure what kind of plants they are sorry. Ill take a picture of them :slfg: Im still a rookie i just go into the LFS and pick a plant lol.

still easier to rip hood off

half the plants in the LFS are not designed to grow... just last more than a week in a goldfish bowl

yes..... we forgot........ :facepalm:

your better than me with plants... you can take over, as long as the chicks in the ads ain't to hot....

Mate you know they are :lol:

Fish specific stores have a better selection, World of Water (if it's still around) had a good range. Stick with low light plants, Java fern, moss, anubias, but your plants aren't looking too bad, they certainly aren't dying.