October 5, 201214 yr comment_500929 Hi Guys I'm just about to start a new aquarium which is going to be heavily planted Just want to see people recommend as a growing media or use I have seen the Seachem Flourite, Seachem Onyx, JBL Aquabasis, and JBL Manado Has anybody had any experience with these products as I'm not sure which one to get or the most cost effective media? Cheers Guys Report
October 5, 201214 yr comment_500930 I've used JBL Manado on top of Flourite before with great success in terms of plant growth, Glosso finds it a little bit hard to spread through the Manado though as it's very light and easily moved. Ideally I'd use Flourite on it's own or something like Aquabasis under a decent layer of sand. Report
October 5, 201214 yr comment_500941 I am just using sand and JBL root balls, they seem to work just as good as any of the bags of media you can buy and you will have less algae problems then a lot of people who do use substrate ferts. Report
October 6, 201214 yr comment_500963 Im using a fine black grit in my tank now. In the past i had the regular size gravel, but the plants seem to do so much better in this. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.