any pet shop with fresh water fish near Naseby ?

aotealotl

g'day,

yes I did it, I moved down from Rottenrua to 2000ft above worry level, the beautiful Naseby. now I am in need of new plants and some snails for my Axo Aquarium. who can tell me where the closest pet shop with fresh water fish is ? does Alexandra has a shop ? (where ?) or do I need to drive to Dunedin or Timaru ? thanks for your help.

I would say you would need to go to Timaru or Dunedin. Another thing to consider is getting something posted to you. Postage within the island is probably cheaper than petrol all that way.

ok thanks, that makes sense although Couriers do not deliver to Naseby (they probably don't know where it is neither)...

...and it would be diesel :wink:

(I will need to combine it with one of my six weekly trips to a town with a Pak'n'Save, Bunnings and other shops I am used to to have around - Dunedin it is)

We will be passing through Naseby on Monday 1st Oct as part of our South Island Tiki Tour. I have a friend with a holiday home there and they love the area.

When I Googled it the only results were the shops in Dunedin so I would say that is your closest option.

Is it just me or does it look like Naseby is frozen in time?

Two old skool cars

Another old skool car

Old looking hotels

Looks so nice though! I can only imagine what living out of the way would be like.

your first two locations are part of the local car museum...

...and the Hotel is not just a Hotel, as you can see it's the Royal Hotel

I was here in Naseby before on some 4x4 trips we made 2 and 3 years ago and I liked that place so much that I needed to move down there. and it seems I did the right thing, on the 2nd day of my arrival it started to snow and the next day someone knocked on my door. it was an elderly lady: 'Hi I am your neighbour down the road, it is so bloody cold at the moment so I thought I bring you some soup and a fruit cake to welcome you.' - how cool is that ?

and we have an Indoor Curling Rink with ice 365 days a year. off season there are 120 people living here, on boxing day they told me it can go up to 7000 people and more (lots of empty holiday houses, big motor camp, Royal Hotel, Pub) I have to flee over christmas it seems... :wink: