Something else I created

camtang

They are still pretty small, I was thinking about taking some of the bigger ones out as I have lost a adult yellow in one and dont want it to happen again, but the bn in the tank love them so I dont know just yet.

The 3d background works great, the dems and yellows have there own little spot so they cant see each other. one of the shellies has claimed a big ledge rite up top, was thinking about putting a few shells up there to make it a bit more happy

I had some in there for a while, one of the pics may still show that. but one of the plants looked horrible and just didnt work so I removed it and in a frantic rush one day I left some twisted al out of water for nearly 2 days. and it just never recovered. I am trying to grow some algae on the white rough bits to break a bit of the background up as well

• 2 months later...

time for an update.

Out of desperation I had too add some new fish so I added my brown haps, snow whites and my 3 smallest cuckoo cats ( havnt seen a single one since I added them :tears: ) as well as adding some plants.

The background is slowly starting to age so is getting a nice look to it, shellies keep breeding but I am yet to spot a fry after a day or two after venturing out of the nest. I am going to remove the group to breed from them next year to increse my numbers if they cant do it in this tank.

Dems getting bigger and breeding like rabbits, several fry coming out of cracks and from under shells

I have also finshed to stand except for the colour of it, so no more seeing the sump :tears: but it does look cleaner

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

how/where did you get that background?

sorry if you already explained elsewhere...

Sorry i didnt explain it.

I got heaps of poly, a jig saw and some silicon, cut heaps of diffrent shapes and sizes and then siliconed it all together

then applyed a couple layers of cement then coloured the cement and painted it a couple more times

That was pretty much the thought behind it as well. and they all have there own spot so it keeps agression down a little and leaves the bottom for the shells. it is also cool seeing fish that normaly hang around at the bottom in the middle and higher because they feel a bit safer