A big thanks to massey veterinary staff

Likoma

On Saturday morning my mongrel dog swallowed a piece of cartridge from a knee joint. Being an orphanage kid, SPCA, she wolfed it down. Unbeknownst to us a bit lodged in her throat. It went unnoticed as she was still eating, mushy food on advice from vet. Long story short Monday evening I rushed her to Massey Veterinary clinic, where they stuck a camera down her throat and tried to pull it out. Failing this it had to be pushed into the stomach.

The cartilage ripped her esophagus which started leaking air and stomach juices.

Yesterday she had open surgery to wrap some stomach? lining to patch the whole in her throat.She is in ICU at the moment.

You never realise how special somethings are until they're taken away.

If you have a dog, take it for a walk and enjoy how wicked cool they are. Just no knee joints.

Have a good day

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all very much for the support. It helps so much when you`re glummed out by reality.

She is on the mend. She is able to eat food that is a porridge like consistency. Anything else causes her to regurgitate it up.

Even a blade of grass brings on a reaction within 5 minutes.

What makes it worse is that she is truly a gannet type dog. Product of an orphanage society n all.

I am looking for a muzzle that she can wear while not supervised will be the one. Silence of the Lambs?