The Doc's super duper first nano betta tank attempt.

Dr A

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too sure to be honest, I'm torn about doing nothing and therefore letting the tank un-cycle it's self.

However, if there is any bad juice flowing around in there perhaps popping something else inside may be a bad choice.

I could always bring some WCMM's in from outside... but they're pond fish with all kinds of pond fish diseases (possiably a source of the issues to begin with).

Ideally I'd break the tank down and build another myself, I'd love to make a 30CM(L) cube, which would let me control all aspects of design. Trying to convince the misses about that is a different story.

I'd quite like to go fully hi-tech too...

• 4 weeks later...

Right!

Update:

After much internal agonizing over what to do I've come up with some conclusions

1) I don't want to give up fish keeping

2) I have to be very creative with space

So looks as though I may shut this tank down at some point, or give it to the musses to take to work.

I've rimmed my hospital tank (badly, but still looks better than it did prior), and according to my ghetto (read: bad) calculations it'll be OK.

I've found some drift wood in appealing shapes, and I'm going to cook it in the weekend, I got some windelov java fern which I am going to build a new tank with (bear in mind, we're still talking less than 30L of water here) that.

Stocking will either be a Betta or maybe some mini fishes - it's going to be rimless/lidless...

I'd also really like to build a little nano reef, which seems do-able, and I've read loads on the subject.

That's something to work towards anyway.

In the mean time I've got to take some photos of some ponds outside, which look amazing.

I'll make a new thread for all that though.

Onwards and upwards!

H.