Project AA

SamH

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your tank resembles Amano's earlier style. Have you read Nature Aquarium World vol. 1? Your tank looks similar to a lot of stuff in there.

Looking awesome by the way, but yeah it is a shame that the glosso carpet didn't work out.

Yeah the foreground substrate was too shallow and the lights are mostly focused on the back half of the tank. I'm considering getting rid of the tank (only) completely and going custom :nilly:

Good idea :thup: All of my tanks are custom and I wouldn't have it any other way. With custom tanks you can have everything exactly how you want it and it always works out great :D

• 3 weeks later...

The tank got a much needed tidy up today, I'll let the photos do the talking.

Before:

_1060049_zpsc9cfe6ef.jpg

_1060051_zpscbeff0cf.jpg

_1060052_zps9b9248c5.jpg

_1060043_zpsd49726b1.jpg

_1060053_zps9ee24321.jpg

After:

_1060021_zpsf257b32b.jpg

6 remaining Embers

_1060068_zps5365dfa8.jpg

Moss rocks for new tank.

_1060059_zps7148b34a.jpg

Apologise for the poor quality photos, rushed them a bit and the computer's playing up so I can't really be bothered redoing them.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a couple of days since I rescaped this tank, the dust hasn't quite settled yet but here it is.IMG_7678b.jpg

IMG_7679b.jpg

The old substrate was all mixed in (sand, fluorite, monado, aquabasis) and put under a layer of red grit gravel. A wee sandy bay was created from one of the old sand bags for cories if I decide to get them. Didn't quite get the layout I had in mind but I still have a good feeling about this.

wow i just read every single post in this thread from day 1, ive been missing out!

i like the new scape a lot more, IMO i think you should cut down in stem plants, i think r. rotundifoloia would look very nice in a large group, h polysperma doesnt make as nice groups in my experience.

:spop:

You could move that rock a little further in so it is part way in the red gravel and part way in the sand.

i think this is a good idea

have it half way on the transitional substrate area, then have hairgrass or some other lower plant growing around the back half of it :)

wish i could send you some of the awesome plants here :thup:

A lil rough around the edges but not a bad chop :P While I appreciate and consider all input, I feel as though the changes are a bit flat, having something such as the outlying rock draws attention to the tank and I think that in time, it will work :)

A lil rough around the edges but not a bad chop :P While I appreciate and consider all input, I feel as though the changes are a bit flat, having something such as the outlying rock draws attention to the tank and I think that in time, it will work :)

im no ps pro haha

i dont really use, but ms paint wouldnt have done the job :P

hey its all up to you