Project AA

SamH

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I popped in at Hollywood and got my very first occupants. 10 Ember Tetras and a Blue Male Plakat Betta who reminds me very much of my old one. Here's the photos of them getting settled in, will get a few more later.

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

Next time I'll get another 10 Embers and a few Ottos.

Thanks guys! 8) Apparently they should all colour up like the biggest bright one in the photo once they age a little and get settled in. I'm really happy with the way they shoal so hopefully they stay like that! Definitely need to double the numbers though, maybe triple :nilly:

Eeek that last photo really shows the sorry state of the moss :oops: The stuff was dead before I tied it down but I was too lazy to sort it all out, the surviving moss is thriving though.

What sword do I have Joe? I was told it's pygmy chain sword.

Second week photo, the tank has been running for 14 days now and I'm very happy with the progress. Trimmed the hygro earlier this week, next I think the glosso will need a good cut back. Everything's growing, the Rotala and Hm took a while to settle in but now they're on their way up, the crypts are recovering, the hygro is of course going nuts, the glosso is taking over and the chain sword is sending out plenty of runners. Little bit of algae on the dying java fern leaves and some brown dust on the front glass and slow growing leaves but that's just the tank settling in. Bit of a tidy up with the water change tomorrow, figured out I can attach the hose to the mixer in the laundry so now more cold water changes.

_A130003.jpg