New in Nelson

bikerbabe

Hi there

Have recently set up my first tropical tank :thup:

Tank: I bought the tank second hand & originally had goldfish in it. It's a Hailea 60L. Has got a aqua one 100w heater. Aqua one 301F-LV internal filter ( 250l/hr ). I recently replaced the lightbulb (when it still had goldfish in it) PL/UV lamp - 24w (says 'sunlight' on the box) & have an airstone.

Plants: twisted val. crypt - affinis. java fern. baby tears. zealondia chain sword. red hygrophila & another one which I don't have a name for yet.

Fish: So far I have 11 neon tetras & 3 little guppies.. & think I have decided on also getting a couple of blue dwarf gourami, a longfin golden bristlenose & some hi fin platys.. & maybe a couple of honey dwarf gouramis. I've spent hours looking around on the net doing research & hope that what I am thinking of for combination & tank size etc - works..

Any feedback on any of the above is welcome! :D

Thanks

eaaaff84.jpg

I actually like that background and think you can blend the plants with it to enhance the whole look.

Wait for the plants to grow a bit so you can get an idea of how it's going. They are easy to move later.

Welcome to The Fishroom.

I also suggest you contact the local fish club for help and advice. Check out the home page as it has a club section which lists all the affiliated clubs and contact details.

welcome :wave:

nice setup, you've obviously done your research on your fish choices, however, ime mixing honey and blue gourami's will cause a few problems with aggression unless there is losta hiding places and things to break line of sight.

I would consider upgrading the filter too eventually, a small canister filter would work well

Looking good! In FW experience its best to get a digital thermometer - much more accurate and doesnt cost the earth. I do like the background - if you wanted more contrast in your tank get a darker version of it, your fish will stand out more - I have a black one with red plants on it, looks cool.

Thanks for your replies! :thup:

I now also have: a little golden bristlenose, a sunshine platy, another wee platy (can't remember what type, but I will ask the guy again tomorrow), another guppy (4 in total), 2 honey dwarf gourami, & the 11 neon tetras :bounce:

& a heap of new plants! (again, I can't remember the name of it :facepalm: ) the big one in the middle & to the right side.. if anyone can tell me...??

Plus I went to the beach & found a few pieces of driftwood, so they are soaking for a few days to get the tannin out.. hopefully :roll:

So for now I just stuck the new plants in randomly, until the wood is ready.. so it now looks like this....

1fdc5e2f.jpg