What should be in my aquarium first aid kit?

Shoppers

Fish don't get a 100% water change all the time in a river because there are also fish upstream. What I meant was that wunder tonic is not a magic med but is useful for treating quite a few ailments other than fungus (such as whitespot, velvet etc). Myself I prefer to use a specific med for a specific problem. "Use the least amount of the least toxic med that will do the job properly." I agree that with discuss there are meds in addition that would be useful. Perhaps one of the discus experts such as discusguru might let us know what would be best for what.

The medication I have on hand for discus are Metro (Hex), Prazi (Flukes), Flubendazole (worming), Furan2 (antibiotic), salt and PP.

Ron

you should be asking the right question

"How do i insure my fish dont get sick"

:D

Get extra filtration, double it. or if its a huge tank, ad 50% more bio media capacity.

that will prevent spikes that generally cause disease.

add an extr heater, double your heater wattage, this ensures temperature is optimal always, uses little to no extra power, in fact might even save you power.

temp flux causes disease

you should be asking the right question

"How do i insure my fish dont get sick"

:D

Get extra filtration, double it. or if its a huge tank, ad 50% more bio media capacity.

add an extr heater, double your heater wattage, this ensures temperature is optimal always, uses little to no extra power, in fact might even save you power.

temp flux causes disease

+ regular W/C's...

This is an interesting assertion. I was under the impression that the microbes scale to the amount of "food" available. So, even if you had huge capacity, it just won't be fully colonized as there isn't the energy source available.

This is an interesting assertion. I was under the impression that the microbes scale to the amount of "food" available. So, even if you had huge capacity, it just won't be fully colonized as there isn't the energy source available.

So a sump can be too big?