My Apisto Tanks

Godly3vil

You will have to keep replacing the leaves. Swap out the old ones for new ones every month :D

I've read alot on the net that just says to leave them to break down completely as the bacteria from the decomposition is beneficial to the fish health-wise, I'm just gonna keep a close eye on water quality over the next few weeks to make sure I don't get a spike somewhere. Cheers though Joe.

Also it pays not to boil the leaves as this has been proven to destroy any of the beneficial properties of the leaves, so far so good.

• 4 months later...

Looking awesome! Nice work on the trifasciata fry :thup:

I don't like how your friend on TradeMe is using false information to sell his fish :( The fish will certainly not end up looking like the ones in the photos. We do not get fish here in NZ that have solid red on the fins, and his one is quite yellow, not even close to orange even! It is still a nice fish though.

Looking awesome! Nice work on the trifasciata fry :thup:

I don't like how your friend on TradeMe is using false information to sell his fish :( The fish will certainly not end up looking like the ones in the photos. We do not get fish here in NZ that have solid red on the fins, and his one is quite yellow, not even close to orange even! It is still a nice fish though.

I am the one selling the fish and when i got it off godevil i was informed thats what they would turn out like and i assumed being sold to me as "SUPER RED" The orange /yellow would turn out similar sorry to offend and ill take the other photos down. ill just call it my super yellow lol

I wasn't offended, but I just don't like seeing fish being sold with false information because it is being untruthful to the buyer.

But if that's what you were told then I guess it isn't really your fault for putting that on your auction, and that is great that you'll remove it. Awesome stuff :thup: Good luck with the sale and hopefully someone will buy it. It's such a cool looking fish :D