aponogeton madagascariensis

Sunbird73

A trademe seller who I bought some windelov from has sent me an email he is selling some aponogeton madagascariensis ...

for $50 per bulb :o

Don't think could swing that $$ for a plant, let alone one I would kill by looking at it :lol: Anyone else keen? could pass on his details.

edited to say* : My other thought is that maybe he is not supposed to have them and thats why they are not going on TM??

Any thoughts on the legality of this plant?

It would be legal - if that is indeed what it is. I know of plant growers who have lusted after a Madagascan lace plant for years without success.

If it is truly what he claims I should think he would be advertising it as he could get a lot more than $50 for a bulb!

It is my understanding this plant has not been seen in NZ for many years now and I don't think it can be imported - but it is not illegal to posses it. Might be wrong though :-?

I had it and managed to kill it many moons ago. It was then a legal import. It is so rare in its native habitat that to import it you would need to have the right paperwork. I understand that there are a few in NZ but people play it close to the chest. They are available on Ebay etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is my understanding this plant has not been seen in NZ for many years now /snip

Called into Pupuke Aquariums today and saw a real live madagascar lace plant (not for sale) - Ron seems to have the magic touch.

• 5 months later...