My 1400 litre project!

jasonnz

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro - got fish?

Lol.

New colony of fish added yesterday. and all old fish added to the tank.

You will all be disgusted to know that my 2 sailfin plecos, Black Ghost Knife and Large Siamese algae eaters + 2 gold head angels are now in my new tank.

Along with 5 blue rams, around 8 gouaramis, male and female betta fish .. 10 bristlenoses .. 10 corydoras (who look stunning btw) .. mollies, harlequin rasboras, headlight tetras .. around 150 assorted tetras .. all schooling which is amazing ..

The fish are all amazingly active and my old grumpy opaline gouarami has some new friends .. which is really cool as he was very solitary in the old tank.

hehehe -

The BGK is about the size of a ball point pen at the moment. He is very little and we will be watching him very closely - He has been in a community tank for sometime now and we have not had any issues, however this may change as he grows.

The angels are from a community tank too. The are happy to hassle the male betta for now .. be he has plenty of space in the tank to co-exist.

I am starting a fish count and diary to track daily events and changes .. I would love it if everyone just got along.

We will see.

Photos today after lunch I promise. - I will get in trouble with my wife if I spent too long in front of the tank today. !

The BGK ... has been in a community tank for sometime now and we have not had any issues yet, however this will change as he rapidly grows.

Fixed ;)

He'll be tricky to catch in a big tank full of plants too. Tank is coming along well tho, if my next one happens half as fast I'll be pleased...

2ahjw1hu.il5.jpg

molly eating some grass! oi you .. get off my grass!

bhe404hv.npq.jpg

top left of the tank

4qefqx5x.p2e.jpg

suck you !

j2ay5oy4.1eu.jpg

fish everywhere

f51qv2nm.mh0.jpg

Angelic

pgb5soga.shv.jpg

This is Pollock!

woz5jzaj.5ud.jpg

wider view of left of tank

dgtizzja.hez.jpg

Can you see the BGK

10jjvlnj.1tp.jpg

The tank

rvdzy3an.jaw.jpg

I love this area of the tank

dk5ytkhw.2ke.jpg

Looking down the tank

xtybmfzj.dhg.jpg

I got all of my new fish from Ron @ Pupuke Aquarium ..

His fish selection is amazing I had more success in 1 trip getting fish from Ron than anywhere else previously. I was lucky to get the RAMS. I can see why they are hard to get your hands on.

6 in my tank .. just had to have them. Hoping to add another 6 - 8 of them - one of the most amazing fish to date I have owned.

This weekend we need to get some algae controllers .. Ron .. I forgot to get some flying fox's when I was over ... so expect me in the weekend at some stage :D :lol:

I reckon I spent perhaps

1500 on tank

1500 on lighting

1500 on filtration + heater

2000 on substrates and plants

500 on stand

maybe 1100 on fish

plus maybe another 1000 on misc stuff, chemicals etc ... i reckon I still need to spend around $1000 to finish the tank off.

all money I would happily spend again.

His fish selection is amazing I had more success in 1 trip getting fish from Ron than anywhere else previously. I was lucky to get the RAMS. I can see why they are hard to get your hands on.

6 in my tank .. just had to have them. Hoping to add another 6 - 8 of them - one of the most amazing fish to date I have owned.

This weekend we need to get some algae controllers .. Ron .. I forgot to get some flying fox's when I was over ... so expect me in the weekend at some stage :D :lol:

Will do Jason. The tank still look pretty bare with so much fish in it :slfg:

Not surprised they came from Ron, his fish are beautiful

I reckon I spent perhaps

1500 on tank

1500 on lighting

1500 on filtration + heater

2000 on substrates and plants

500 on stand

maybe 1100 on fish

plus maybe another 1000 on misc stuff, chemicals etc ... i reckon I still need to spend around $1000 to finish the tank off.

all money I would happily spend again.

:o