First planted tank

blueether

For my birthday I was given a container of various coldwater plants so have spent today cleaning down the spare ~50l tank and planting it.

I got a list of what was in the container and have googled them so know what some of them are, but not all :dunno:, I have a feeling that some/most will grow too large for the tank.

DSC_9167-DSC_9168.jpg

Tank is about 2/3 full here and you can see a bit of cloudiness from the sand, oh well.

• 11 months later...

no ferts but am thinking of adding some as some of the are starting to look washed out and a few holes in the odd leaf.

the substrate is river sand over top-soil/potting mix mix. pushed the nitrates off the chart for the first weeks untill water changes had brought that down.

no ferts but am thinking of adding some as some of the are starting to look washed out and a few holes in the odd leaf.

the substrate is river sand over top-soil/potting mix mix. pushed the nitrates off the chart for the first weeks untill water changes had brought that down.

Wow, has grown incredibly well then! :thup: