childrens book on the journey of whitebait.

nativelover

Hi everyone I am 18 years old and have only 2 years ago someone told me whitebait are more than one species. So i want change my idea is to create and publish a childrens book that explains the journey and challenges whitebait face to get to their destination.

any thoughts please share good or bad :thup:

Mmm, you would have to make it appealing to kids. Lots of pictures (real or drawn) with some sort of a story. Not sure but here's my take.

Whitey the whitebait went to school. All of the other fish made fun of him because he was different. He then found out that the other fish where whitebait too. :digH:

Excellent! :hail:

There are already one or two childrens books on whitebait or eels, but the more the merrier! Different people like different styles.

Look on trademe for the others.

(oooh imagine a series - whitebait, eels, bullies, shrimp, koura, torries - they all have totally bizarre lifecycles.)

Am happy to assist where needed :cofn: :lol:

(BTW Sheepsnana, I am down to my last 25 books and it may be a while before I reprint)

My dad read Great Expectations to me when I was 10. Special times :)

They made fun of him because they were bullies - geddit???? :slfg:

:facepalm: :lol:

Actually a friend mentioned seeing bullies eating whitebait as long as themselves.... could be used in the book.

Also other eater: birds have a field day.

And an interesting thing with introduced fish: natives are nocturnal but the whitebait are active duing the day, possibly to avoid being eaten by other fish. The introduced fish are active during the day.... &c:ry

Another idea that could be played with: koaro and shortjaw whitebait are identical (to humans, using a dissection microscope) but quit different when they grow up.

And my sister is an AMAZING artist if you need an illustrator.

Mmm, you would have to make it appealing to kids. Lots of pictures (real or drawn) with some sort of a story. Not sure but here's my take.

My kids (5yrs & 8yrs) love reading nature non-fiction fact books as much as fiction.... So as long as you have great photos/pictures, you don't necessarily have to make it a "storybook". Depends what you want to do, definitely still a market for non-fiction nature books.

As a guide, my 8 yo daughter has read the Harry Potter series at least twice, so don't worry too much about dumbing down the vocabulary (Lynley Dodd uses words like "cacophany" for preschoolers ;) ) and focus on finding an interesting and lively voice for your book.