Cory behaviour

recycled oldy

I have 2 Corydorus Adolphi who spend much of their time swimming about in mid-water. Is this normal for them or does it indicate a problem?

The tank is a well planted AR980 community set up, Neons, Harlequins, 2 Dwarf Gourami and the 2 corys. The tank was stripped and rebuilt 7 days ago with a new base of well washed No. 3 river sand and about 40% new water. This after I regettably lost 2 C.julii. Everything seems well, clear water, plants OK and inhabitants doing what they are expected to do, except for Adolf and Eva who seem to think they are Harlequins.

cories swimming about is cute. Some of them do act like this, I think some species more than others. I had some peppered cories that used to do it when the room was full of sunlight but they would stop when the tank light was on.

....... Adolf and Eva...

:rotf:

I have 4 peppered corys in a 10 gallon tank.

They like to hide, I call them my scaredy cats! But occasionally, when they think I am not looking, I see them swimming up and about as opposed to always being on the bottom.

Take care,

Caper