Best anti virus for windows 7?

Squirt

LOL. I find it funny to see how long you can keep them on the line.

He said "Your computer has sent us error messages. I'm calling to show you how to fix them"

I asked him "how did you get this number?"

He replied "out of the phone book" :facepalm:

Then I said "Ok, so if my computer is sending you messages, how did you connect my computer to my name in the phone book?"

He said he didn't understand.

So I asked, "What IP address sent you the messages?"

He didn't know what an IP address was. :facepalm:

When I had explained what an IP address was, he begun accusing me of "attacking him" and got really pissy, then hung up.

:happy2: I love these calls. I don't know how anyone actually falls for them though

Yea when I get these calls I try and waste their time as much as possible. Hey the more time they spend wasted on me, the less time they have to be scamming the more gullible people.

As for antivirus, I've tried almost all the free ones, and never found them very good. Either too many pop-up messages, not enough protection, useless interface, or just plain slow. I'm currently using NOD32, honestly I can't really tell how good it is since no problems have come up, but since it seems to be used by both UoA and AUT, with many comps to protect, it's probably pretty darn good.

The one I used before NOD32 is Quick Heal, apparently it's not well known because it was an Indian Antivirus, I don't know why people care so much about where it comes from, but it was the best I've used. It's really darn good at catching the "autorun" virus, even if I don't manually scan the drive. That virus had pretty much infected all our computers and USBs (since my dad didn't know about virus scanning) but Quick heal fixed it all. Only reason why I didn't get Quick Heal again this year is that the closest comp place to me didn't have it in stock.

Note: Quick heal's full scan is not actually very fast, but the advantage is that you can tell it to shut off your comp once it's done, so you can run it before you go bed and it'll automatically shutdown when done to save power.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic