New Driving Rules

Its not that the new rules don't apply to round abouts, they do, but a round about is really just a series of T-intersections so when you're stopped at a give way, as usual, you give way to traffic coming from either direction. I can see why it would be a little confusing at a smaller round about that looks more like a + intersection with a little circle in the middle, but when you go around a large one it's easy to see how they work.

Crikey! I can imagine my satnav having a fit :D

GPS "Take third exit on forth roundabout"

Me "Which exit on which roundabout?"

GPS "Recalculating... Take forth exit on second roundabout"

Me "Forth exit on...damnit, that was the second one"

GPS "Recalculating... Take forth exit on second roundabout"

Me "But I was just on the second roundabout..."

GPS "Recalculating... take third exit on forth roundabout"

Me "What? You said that at the start! Screw you, stupid computer - I never really liked Swinden anyway!"

What almost got us killed over there was that some of their roundabouts also have lights! When you are trying hard to figure out which exit is the 5th one, you do not notice a random set of traffic lights in the middle of the roundabout. :facepalm:

I lived in Basingstoke for a year and a half on one of my O.E.s. The locals called it Donut City because of all the roundabouts, they had so many that they had to give them all street names so that people would know where they were. But in Farnham they had a roundabout that was so big they had a pub with a carpark in the middle, it was called the 'Sheperd and Flock'.