Cory prices: what are the rates

chris_irl

I will be looking for a group of cory (15); ideally sterbai, trilentus or leopard in the near future.

The LFS quoted $14.90 per sterbai :an!gry

that just seems insanity to me, or is that the going rate in NZ? That's about 10 EUR each, I could get them for half that at home, plus a little off for a bigger buy.

Many LFS will sharpen the price for large purchases of things, and for a start you'll get 10% off at places like Hollywood Fish Farm if you're a FNZAS member. I'm not sure who your local LFS is in NP, but if you look in the Commercial T&E forum you'll see who the regular stores are, I'd suggest you start by PMing them to see if they'll do you a deal.

And for the record, the first C. sterbai I bought was over $20, so unlike most commodities they've actually gone down in price over the ~8 years since then!!

I will be looking for a group of cory (15); ideally sterbai, trilentus or leopard in the near future.

The LFS quoted $14.90 per sterbai :an!gry

that just seems insanity to me, or is that the going rate in NZ? That's about 10 EUR each, I could get them for half that at home, plus a little off for a bigger buy.

Yeah, that sounds about right. $10-15 each.

Leopard, False Julli(real Julli not available) and Trilieanatus are the same thing. Schwartzi are quite a bit more expensive unless you find a local breeder.

So really you've expanded it to include one more :smln:

Peppered you should be able to find cheaper if someone has bred them, they breed by the hundreds and can be irritating to get rid of :roll:

Good luck!