My Malawi Setup

Hamstar99

Its been a while but i finally got round to putting some pics together of my Malawi mix.

They are still young but growing fast.

Tank is 480l in wall (2000l, 600H, 400d) set up between my entrance and office

Stocking 10 yellow, 12 dems, 10 Tropheops chilumba, 5 eye biters.

050312020.jpg

050312026.jpg

050312016.jpg

050312018.jpg

050312035.jpg

050312039.jpg

050312027.jpg

010312003.jpg

010312042.jpg

010312010.jpg

010312007.jpg

010312006.jpg

Sorry photos of fish are average at best but ill update with better ones as i catch them.

Filter is AquaEL unimax 1500l p/h - 2x ins and 2x outs.

Limestone rock and 5mm grey pebble.

Cheers guys. The area is designed so that the tank can be removed without any disruption to the surrounds. The only remains would be the holes where the tubes run up from the sump and back into the tank. Tank sits on a formica bench top. There is only 200mm in front of it so its not my actual work area. That is on the other side of the room. The lack of background on the tank limits the amount of "pop" and contrast you can get to show the fish off but allows to see between the rooms.

Nice setup those eyebiters look awesome, how do you find the tropheops, heard they can be pretty nasty?

Yeah hes coloured up really well. Cant wait till he grows up a bit. Love it how they just cruise around.

So far the tropheops have been good with little aggression even amongst themselves but they are only young. Ill be keeping an eye on them. They are starting to colour up now as well so ill be clearly able to see what ratios i have.

Can I ask, Are the rocks just sitting on top of each other or have you glued them together?? :dunno:

My tank is full of rocks balancing on top of one another for my Malawai's, I do worry about them digging up the sand then Crash, they all come tumbling down resulting in a damaged tank :tears:

some rocks are glued some are stacked. If you look carefully in the photos you can see some grey blobs of glue as well. In the end i just glued the ones that where just balancing, or if it had others stacked on it precariously. On my rock stacks i tended to have a big "foundation" rock at the base for stabiltiy and stacked the others on it.