Bristlenose in Cave - Help!

Artem

Okay, so Ive been slowly selling off all the stock in my plec tank and now there is only a single occupant left... the bristlenose. He has been sitting in the crevice of some driftwood for months and I haven't seen him out once.

Sooo, how can I get him to come out without doing a stakeout for a few hours in the night :-?

Tried both of those already, but maybe I moved too quickly and didn't wait long enough. Will try again tonight.

I should probably mention that its a male and he was breeding, which is why I think he doesn't want to come out of his cave.

• 3 weeks later...

I started freaking out the other night, was taking all the gravel out of my tank to replace it with sand.

My BN wouldn't come out of his driftwood, to be honest, I didn't even see him in his little hidey hole, he blended in so well. I tried the, hold the driftwood out of the water and he will come out, nope that didn't work, tried leaving him out of the water for 30 mins still wouldn't come out. Had no other option but to pull him out :facepalm:

Hard to believe they can stay out of water for 2 hours and still be ok.