native reptiles

reuben.a

you need to get hold of your local DOC contact.

you will need an outdoor enclosure made to their minimum specifications - normally they inspect this before issuing a permit.

you may also have to provide a contact to them of the person you will get the native reptiles off.

also join the NZ herp society

check their website for all the info you need.

http://www.reptiles.org.nz/

you can not buy or sell natives - all native species are protected.

you will need to find a permitted keeper that has spare that they can give to you.

like I said, spend some time going over the Nz herp website, all information is on there and ring DOC for information on what they require in your area.

how do you apply for a permit to keep native geckos? once you then have a permit how do you get ahold of the reptiles? thx

I happen to know a local keeper quite well, who MAY be looking at getting rid of their 4, 2 brown & 2 green, all males. If not, I know their local breeder/supplier :thup: I will talk to them and let you know

probably not,it all depends on your local DOC workers.bad luck if you get stuck with some of the pedantic twits that can also be filled to over flowing with self importance,that can be found `working` there(this term is used loosely).