Help me ID this plant please

maxximuscool

Not even close. :)

20120220191603.jpg

My best guess is "Egeria Densa" Banned oxygen weed. But anyway, I'm inclined to say if you found it growing in the wild there's a good chance it's one of the invasive banned ones.

So you should destroy it if you can't identify it, I would be a bad person if I were to suggest you let it live if you like it and it grows well but make sure you destroy any clippings.

Thinking like that, you won't be able to add any fish or plants to you tank in case they are contaimated :roll:

Everything you put in your tank brings in different bacteria or algae to some extent. You just keep an eye on the tank after adding something new, and treat the water if anything goes wrong. If you are really worried then you can quarintine it. I have added plants collected from rivers to my tank before without any problems - I just make sure I clean it well first and give it a good wash. No problems at all :)

lol, should have known that a teenager would not have any money!

I'm not going to add this in not because I have no money but I want java fern to go on my malaysian driftwood. I have to make sure that I do thing right because my tank is filled with baby fish no larger than 1.5cm in length. It is hard work to keep the tank clean already. With this moss in my tank will give me more headache. I have enough headache from cleaning baby fishes poo already.

Fyi, I am not a teen. thank you very much. I just missed the auction on TradeMe for a bunch of java ferns brcause of the stupid ISP crashed out and No internet (slingshot) all night until now. I'm using my slow 3G connection at the moment (Vodafone).

So yes better not create more work for myself by adding something I unsured about into my tank. let just zay I have more than 100 fry. I want something that won't rot and hardy in my tank. The only things I got right now are floating flants.