TomGilberg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

GSP - Posted 14 Hours Ago

Tom G - Posted 16 Hours Ago

frroK i actually built it myself :) i love that some people think its an ADA tank

Yeah, probably no better a compliment! What progress has there been? Is your father home with the camera yet?

update:

things are starting to come together plants fish are all looking good!

enjoy :)

IMG_8075.jpgIMG_8053.jpgIMG_8079.jpgIMG_8082.jpgIMG_8056.jpgIMG_8064.jpgIMG_8065.jpgIMG_8074.jpg

She's beautifully freckly :D

I've been looking in our river for a girl like that but all I see are vague patterned girls that could be crans or upland to my uneducated eye lol.

The redfin is gorgeous too, love the blue in his fins :bounce:

Uplands and Cran's should be fairly easy to distinguish around 5cm-ish.

Uplands have orange spots, and they are clear individual spots rather than irregular blotches or slight swirls, which is what the Cran's have.

Girls of either species are usually less distinctively marked than the males, but I find that uplands are usually pretty distinctive, even down to quite tiny sizes, whereas Cran's and commons are much more tricky.

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=58471

crans then? She's got orange blotchy spots, not clear tiny freckles like the one above. But never has proper whisker markings either, that line under her eye stays faded when she goes darker mottled. The boy's orange spotted and his dorsal line is a real yellow yellow.

• 2 weeks later...

my new kokopu are putting on the beef as well. its kinda cool watching them become less transparent and also how more idividualality/attitude ie 'yawning', contesting for dominance. amazing how it thrills the people who had previously not realised whitebait grew into somthing :gigl:

• 2 weeks later...

i just do a water change weekly and remove any dead leaves... really simple.

everything is still in the tank, refin male is awesome, the upland male is my favourite fish though... when he goes black, like pitch black and you can see his gold markings on his fins AMAZING

• 2 weeks later...