My 5 foot planted tank

MarkLB

Hi. I set this tank up at the end of July.

5 foot, approx' 450 litres, 2X FX5s, 4X 4 foot T5 tubes, pressurised CO2 with an in-line diffuser(although the solenoid has karked it so I,m dosing with Excel in the meantime), E.I. dosing. There has been some algae issues lately but I'm on top of most of it. There is still some BBA but I'm dealing with that.

Three days old.....

a26Julysml.jpg?t=1322358459

Three weeks.....

b13Augsml.jpg?t=1322358459

Five weeks.....

c28Augustsml.jpg?t=1322358459

Seven weeks.....

d9Septsml.jpg?t=1322358459

Over time plants have been removed and others added and this is how it looks today.....

19thFeb.jpg

Thanks for the compliments people.

Do you know the species of your chain sword?

Sorry man, I wouldn't have a clue. There's still a little floating in a spare tank if you want to come have a look.

How about you move those Two MASSIVE Swords just behind the wood and ferns on each side. JMO.

Hmmmm, food for thought, although there's not a lot of room back there.

Awesome to see how the Chch members have not given up!

It was the 'quakes that instigated the setting up of this tank. The initial planting, livestock and hardscape, barring one piece of wood, came from some of my 'quake affected tanks. Basically I consolidated 3 smaller tanks into one to reduce risk and make the post 'quake clean ups easier.

This is a truly addictive hobby and a few shakes won't stop me. Slow me down, sure, but not stop.