fishy-fish fotos

fishy-fish

OK, so I feel like I'm bringing a knife to a gun fight with all you pro photographers with your flash SLRs :smln:

But I managed to grab a couple of half way decent (for me) photos with my little "point and shoot" of my Metriaclima Gresheiki. These two studs are now 7mths old and around 8-9cm. Saldy there father past away over christmas mysteriously. He was an awesome specimen. Long may his lineage continue! I currently have 3 ladies holding at the mo so fingers crossed :D

P1000363.jpg

P1000378.jpg

Ive always loved the look of them but when i started my african tank i was told by all the big wigs to stay away from these in a community type setup because they get super aggressive as they get bigger, but my experience with africans is its all about territory tank size and ratios, i had a group of about 10 blue zebras thye dominant male was so aggressive he killed all the males in one night and would even beat his females to death when they were holding. I think you get bad eggs in most species its just a matter of getting rid of the problem maker or rearanging the tank until you find harmony. I am currently thinning out a tank and getting rid of a breeding group of socolofis so i can buy some of these and your dems, time for a new look. very nice fish. if your ever in whakatane mate let me know should be able to send you home with a few malawis differnt to what you have, always something spare :nfs:

Possibly cause the males can be agro as hell!

I have kept and bred plenty of ice blues over the years and found them to be down right nasty.. I had a male take over half of my 5x2x2ft tank which was wall to wall fish and was just shredding everything.. Removed him only to have another male take over, grew up fry and found the same thing kept happening, same thing happened to those mates of mine that I sold fry to, so I decided they were a bit unethical to breed and sell and would cause people too many problems. My personal recommendation would be to only keep them with other mbuna in big tanks. Maybe I had a particularly agro strain or something like that? Who knows, but reserach on the internet tends to suggest that they can be up on the higher end of the aggression list.

They are bloody nice fish and you can't beat them for colour, a tank filled with them and aurora just looks amazing!

Ive always loved the look of them but when i started my african tank i was told by all the big wigs to stay away from these in a community type setup because they get super aggressive as they get bigger, but my experience with africans is its all about territory tank size and ratios, i had a group of about 10 blue zebras thye dominant male was so aggressive he killed all the males in one night and would even beat his females to death when they were holding. I think you get bad eggs in most species its just a matter of getting rid of the problem maker or rearanging the tank until you find harmony. I am currently thinning out a tank and getting rid of a breeding group of socolofis so i can buy some of these and your dems, time for a new look. very nice fish. if your ever in whakatane mate let me know should be able to send you home with a few malawis differnt to what you have, always something spare :nfs:

I did my high school years at Whakatane High :slfg:

It was while I was living in Whakatane that I got into fish keeping. Those were the good ol' days...

I would be keen to trade fish. I go to tauranga regularly so who knows...

I did my high school years at Whakatane High :slfg:

It was while I was living in Whakatane that I got into fish keeping. Those were the good ol' days...

I would be keen to trade fish. I go to tauranga regularly so who knows...

Cool when are you coming to tauranga next? Im wanting to get rid of some male electric blue fryeri, Ps socolofi, a few red empress some girraffes, blue zebs, snow whites etc all pure bred and very attractive fish, want them all gone at the same time so if your interested and you can pick up coz some are quite big let me know 022 044 0147 :thup:

Cool when are you coming to tauranga next? Im wanting to get rid of some male electric blue fryeri, Ps socolofi, a few red empress some girraffes, blue zebs, snow whites etc all pure bred and very attractive fish, want them all gone at the same time so if your interested and you can pick up coz some are quite big let me know 022 044 0147 :thup:

PM'd :thup: