Hello from New Plymouth via Ireland

chris_irl

Hi All,

Introducing myself to the forum.

I've recently enough moved to New Plymouth from Dublin. Haven't got a tank here yet but will plan on getting one at some point.

Hoping to get something in the 125-200L range, bigger than the last one but not massive just yet.

Had a 90l tank at home, It was my grandfathers that he used for fish then went in the attic, got used for gerbils and eventually fish again for a while before we moved.

Here's a pic of it

SAM_0589.jpg

Cardinals, some cory, a honey gourami and a few assassin snails made up the fish life

Anybody able to tell me what's available around New Plymouth shop wise, I've seen the pet store in the Richmond centre but is pretty limited and the Warehouse but wouldn't rate that too highly I reckon...

Thanks guys.

Hopefully will pick up a tank somewhere is late Feb/March (I should get some Irish tax back by then :happy1: )

Fish wise I don't mind the simpler ones, some nice tetras, corys and gouramis will do me, maybe an angel or two; nothing too fancy really.

I'd like to spend more time this time around getting the tank and plants looking really good.

Also need to figure out what brands of equip are common and easy to source down here for filter pads etc so that may well be totally different to home.

Slightly sooner than planned but I now have a tank. :happy1: :happy2:

Came up on trademe and couldn't resist.

300 bucks got me a 220L custom built tank 120x38x48, an external filter, heater, air line, hood and lighting, cabinet, lots of fake plants, stones, loads of spare filter "wool" and lots of chemicals. Will Start a thread and post photos in it so hopefully you can tell me what anything I'm not sure is is. Deal of the year!!! Just needs a replacement part for the filter, one of the plastic parts that goes in the tank and connects to the rubber hoses.

Here's the photo from trade me

201512175.jpg

Hi

there's also "Lifestyle Pets" in Waiwakaiho.

One of the big pet suppliers is in New Plymouth (Brooklands). Although you can't deal with them directly, it does mean any of the local stores should be able to order some fish in for you easily. Just ask at the store what fish are on the Brooklands lists - and you should have them soon enough.

We lived in New Plymouth for a few years, and would happily return there if work allowed...

Cheers

Rob