Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

i lost my main breeding tank

Featured Replies

Just 8 days? I would have been tempted to leave them without food for that long. Most probably would have coped.

Ah well, live and learn...

  • Author

it was only 8 days because we came home early due to the weather,i would have starved them if it was only 8 days

it was only 8 days because we came home early due to the weather,i would have starved them if it was only 8 days

Mate I did for 2 weeks, I figure a holding female goes alot longer than that, plus all the algae that grows kept them more than happy. I hope your next venture in fish keeping goes well, and if you need a tank sitter in future mate I would be happy to help.

:smot:

How long did those goldfish survive in the red zone?? Months, though they ate all the plants, and possibly each other.
There was that one goldfish that did eat the others... tank of 13 fish, one remained. No corpses... :o

Not really off topic.

There were two goldfish survivors, and one dead one in the tank uneaten. The claim was that the missing fish were eaten by the others but no bones were reported so I suspect the continued quakes just shook them out of the tank, rodents did the rest.

Not really off topic.

There were two goldfish survivors, and one dead one in the tank uneaten. The claim was that the missing fish were eaten by the others but no bones were reported so I suspect the continued quakes just shook them out of the tank, rodents did the rest.

In my experience finding bones is pretty rare even if you do search through the gravel looking for them.

Not really off topic.

There were two goldfish survivors, and one dead one in the tank uneaten. The claim was that the missing fish were eaten by the others but no bones were reported so I suspect the continued quakes just shook them out of the tank, rodents did the rest.

It was my post that was offtopic, as is this one.

I read a different article, about a tank in a small office. This sort of thing you don't forget...

In my experience finding bones is pretty rare even if you do search through the gravel looking for them.

How often do you go looking for them?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.