are pond snails like canaries?

GrahamC

I have watched mine. They will sit on a leaf or something then suddenly let go, drift along, then attach to something else. I am not sure whether they have any way of controlling their direction and have aimed for the new location or just keep their non existent fingers crossed. :lol:

I don't think our present "copper" coins will work because they don't contain copper.

Not well known I guess. I picked up a small tank yesterday whose owner's goldfish had died. Buried in the 2 inches of dirty gravel (poop) was a 10 cent piece from 2006 ( iron alloy ), and a rusty nail!

I am wondering if the snails haven't eaten my goldfish eggs and/or fry this year. I never actually saw the fish spawn though and we usually do.

Perhaps I will get the not-grandkids over to go wading and snail eradicating :thup:

:happy1: Me Me Me ...I'll have the snails!!! ...not the wading bit though :lol:

Really? They are huge pond snails. We head to ChCh on the 18th to see the surgeon so can bring back as many as you want. I assume that would be as many as we can catch?? :sml2:

Yep...Hefa-Lump the 2.2kg turtle will think they are WONDERFUL! :thup: and the other turtles as well....

Do these snails live only in water or do they move onto land at times? I need to collect all these snails a day or 2 ahead of getting them to Donna, plus their time in a small container, and am worried about them either polluting the water (so many in such a small amount) or climbing out - will search for a container with the tight fitting lid.