HELP!!!

aquariumbeginner32

I bought a light for my tank recently and I had to remove the rubber/plastic strips that fit onto the sides of my tank to fit the light onto it, so I can't put my glass lid back on. :facepalm: I had a look on the HFF website but can't find these things to fit onto the sides, on there.... can you get them from the LFS's? I have a smaller piece of glass that I can fit on the tank still, but need shorter things to sit the piece of glass on. Or I can get my hubby to get me a 4-5mm piece of clear acrylic cut to size....

Either that or I will have to get a longer piece of acrylic and just sit it on top.... but don't want the kids or cats to knock it off KWIM

It's an Aqua Zonic Max Bright T8 Double and it's silver, comes in an orange box... was about $99 ... there was one other there and it was $230. My tank is a 60cm/64L. Will try to find it on the HFF website.

The guy at the LFS said there were two ways to put the light onto the tank but I could only figure out one way and couldn't fit it on with the plastic strips on the sides. :dunno:

Maybe a photo of the tank would help?

This thread has me seriously confused as to what exactly you are asking.

what is actually stopping you from putting the glass back on -is it the fact that you have taken the strips off or that the light is now using up the space on the edges where the strips were? Looking at the type of light fitting I would think it is the second.

Yes, a photo of the tank with the light would help :D

Sorry Adrienne lol Yes it's the fact that the light is taking up the space and the strips won't fit on the sides anymore. But livingart has made me :facepalm: myself .... duh lol I never even thought of just getting hubby to get the strips cut shorter .... this is what happens when I'm tired lol can't think straight. Problem solved hopefully....